The most commonly treated dysmetries are those of the lower extremities, due to their impact on gait and corresponding to functional alteration.
Bone dysmetry is the discrepancy in the length of the extremities, where the longitudinal growth of the spindle is in relation to the growth cartilage (physis).
- The main symptoms of lower extremity discrepancies translate into an alteration in gait, in addition to aesthetic repercussions.
- In these patients, an irregular and unstable gait occurs.
The most common symptoms are:
- Impaired gait.
- Discomfort when walking.
- Scoliotic posture (deviated to one side).
- Low back pain
How is it diagnosed:
For this reason, it is advisable to have a simple radiological examination in the anteroposterior pelvic view (AP / Ferguson modified).
These studies will allow us to define the type of deformity, locate and measure the axial deviations of each segment as accurately as possible and compare them with ranges of normality. They will also allow us to measure the radiology of the dysmetry, as well as plan possible correction methods.
How we treat it:
- We treat dysmetry with the use of orthopedic insoles with magnification to correct any postural alteration that the patient presents.
- The increase in staff will be defined according to what the patient needs.
- The health professional will recommend the best insole style according to the footwear that the patient normally uses.
- It will work together with physiotherapeutic treatment to reduce low back pain since it is the most common discomfort that people with shortening have.
Benefits of using orthopedic insoles:
- Correct postural changes
- Eliminate any type of low back, hip or knee pain.
- Provides greater comfort during walking and any type of physical activity.
- Decrease injuries.
We will work on the management of low back pain using deep oscillation with the traumatic pain program, complying with a 20-minute cycle, on all those structures where the greatest pain is present.
Cryotherapy application for 15 minutes in the lumbar area for deinflammatory and analgesic purposes to reduce pain.
Stretch in the lower back for 30 seconds to relax and improve muscle flexibility.
Duration of the study of templates 15 min and treatment time 35 minutes.