OUTDOOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
CHILDREN AND OLDER ADULTS
CONTACT WITH NATURE
Remembering that human beings are designed to co-exist in harmony with the patterns of nature, it is worth the time to seek that our physical, sports or recreational activities take place in natural environments. Access to green spaces is associated with longevity and a decrease in the risk of mental illness, decreases the feeling of fatigue as well as negative emotions.
It has been shown that after exercising in green spaces, blood pressure returns to normal more quickly than when performed in urban areas; improves stress management as well as promotes the creation of vitamin D. Because sensory stimuli suffer, the creation of new neural networks and brain plasticity are promoted.
BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Promotes bone and structural development
- Increased motor skills
- Restoration of physical and mental balance
- Generates healthy habits and develops an affective personality
- Raises awareness for self-care
- Improves endocrine function
- Activates sensory perception
- Facilitates human relationships
- Increases social contact
- Enhances sleep quality
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Strengthens intellectual activity
- Increases aerobic capacity, muscle strength and flexibility
- Decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Stops muscle atrophy
- Promotes joint mobility
- Prevents bone decalcification
- Increases the elimination of cholesterol, reducing the risk of arteriosclerosis and hypertension
- Promotes neurovegetative balance and psycho-intellectual activity
- Reduces the risk of blood clots
- Increases de respiratory capacity and blood oxygenation
- Prevents obesity
- Promotes proprioception, preventing risk of falls
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO PERFORM A PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT?
An exercise prescription is similar to prescribing medication, it must have a dose and timing, as well as specific characteristics, which will determine a balanced program that includes objectives of: 1. Physical coordination, 2. Flexibility, 3. Strength work, 4 Raise cardiovascular endurance, 5. Body awareness.
WHAT MUST A SESSION CONTAIN?
The planning of physical activity or sport must contain basic and fundamental components such as: 1. Muscle warm-up and joint mobilization, as well as body awareness, 2. Training, 3. Cooling down; The above will be designed and adapted according to the individual needs of each person, taking into account the possible medical problems or limitations that are present.